After purchasing an Expert Advisor (EA), you will receive two files in the archive: automatic installer (***.exe) and expert advisor as such (***.ex4).
If you use the installer, then go to Step 2 right away.
If something goes wrong during the installation process or you want to install manually, then follow these steps:
Download the archive with the Expert Advisor you purchased and installer:
- open the archive;
- copy the EA (it is a file and its extension is .ex4) from the archive (ctrl+c);
- run the metatrader 4 platform;
- in the top left-hand corner of the platform’s window, press the button ‘File’, then select ‘Open Data Folder’;
- a metatrader platform folder opens, open the folder ‘MQL4’ and then ‘Experts’;
- paste the EA into the folder (to do that, right-click a blank space, and select the option ‘Paste’ or press ctrl+v);
- close the folder ‘Experts’.
- In the platform’s window, find the window ‘Navigator’ on the left side. If there is no such window, click ‘View’ (a button in the top toolbar) and select ‘Navigator’.
- In the ‘Navigator’ window, right-click ‘Expert Advisors’. Click ‘Refresh’.
- Our Expert Advisor must appear among other Expert Advisors.
- Click the Expert Advisor and drag it to the chart.
- In the tab ‘Common’, you need to tick the box next to the line “Allow Live Trading”.
- Automated trading must be enabled in the platform settings. To check it, click ‘Tools’ (in the top toolbar of the platform), select ‘Options’, then select the tab ‘Expert Advisors’, and the box next to ‘Allow automated trading’ must be ticked. Also “allow WebRequest fo listed URL”. Press green plus and type there ‘https://mtrobot.net.herokuapp.com’ (with no quotes)
- After all the conditions are met, you will see a smiley 🙂 in the top right-hand corner of the trading platform, which designates the proper operation of the Expert Advisor.
- Trading is carried out by the EA based on the data from the platform and therefore at the platform’s closing the EA stops trading.